- No smoking. Chemicals are flammable so anyone caught smoking will be expelled from DUPA and reported to the Junior Dean.
- No eating or drinking. Anyone caught eating or drinking will be liable to an appropriate fine and/or suspension from the darkroom.
- Use all chemicals according to the instructions provided.
- Always wash your hands afterwards.
- It is safe to touch the chemicals, but ensure you do not mix chemicals between different baths.
Disposal Of Chemicals
- Do not pour exhausted developer and fixer into the sink. Instead, pour them into the provided waste bottles.
- After emptying, wash all storage bottles several times with water.
Leaving The Darkroom
- Pour usable developer and fixer back into the storage bottles.
- Pour exhausted developer and fixer into the provided waste bottles.
- Wash all trays and tongs several times with water and leave them to dry.
- Tidy the darkroom by throwing away unsuccessful prints, etc.
- Switch off all electrical equipment, such as the enlarger and dryer.
- Turn off the taps.
- Switch off the extractor fan.
- Switch off the lights.
- Lock the door, ensuring that you are not locking the keys inside the darkroom.